Friday, June 25, 2010

Cough, Sniffle, Cough, Cough

Turns out that you can still get a cold when it's over a hundred degrees. I started coming down with something yesterday and now I have a full blown cough, sore throat, and stuffy nose. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night so I've been in a daze all day.

I did still have to work though. I went to Soccer school yet again and I really wish I knew what the actual name of the school, but I don't so that's too bad. The kids were amazing today and were able to keep up with all my little English teaching experiments. With the older grades, I worked on sentence structure and taught the difference between nouns and verbs. In the younger grades, we talked about colors and telling time. I also made a new friend. I like to call him tramp. I realize this may sound mean, but you have to take into consideration that he is a dog. He is also a very dirty dog and reminds me of tramp from the Disney movie, Lady and the Tramp. He has already pinned me down for a sucker and follows at my heels while I'm eating. Awww, I miss Dilly and Cruiser. I felt like it was a very productive day regardless of the fact that I felt so sick.

1 comment:

  1. Well.....We finaly got home to Utah after spending a really long time helping others on the Central Coast. Remember that Grandpa and Grandma have their eyes on you and are glad you are safely there. We spoke yesterday, Saturday 26, 2010 with Roger Jones who just got back from a four month world tour. He said that the coruption there is pretty bad. He said he really loved Burma. I saw where you were on the border of Burma. I also heard that you had a happy elephant to ride through the jungle on to the village people. I hope you got safely home, to your apt., from this weekends adventure. Love Grandmother

    ReplyDelete