Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Study Bug

So it's day 2 of school and I'm already feeling the little bug inside of me that has to dial in and put blinders up to everything else. Meaning I have to be the best in every class and out-do everyone. Geez that sounds ridiculous, but it's already begun. I have to remind myself that it's just school. As Matt used to remind me, C's get degrees too.

Random thoughts:
  • I have some very challenging classes this year (my methods teacher tried to talk us into dropping his class because it is the hardest 300-level political science class ugh).
  • I find it refreshing to be on campus when it's not snowing (although last semester was kind of magical). I love seeing all the fountains running and I like being able to wear shorts.
  • I bought a SLU sweatshirt today at the campus store. I know I know, it's like a million degrees outside, but it was on sale and it was orange which happens to be my favorite color. Plus I figure I'm getting a head start on winter :)
  • I just dropped my philosophy class because let's be real, that class was gonna suck jk
  • I looked like an idiot today when we were going over the syllabus and it said fall break. I looked up and said "wait, we get a fall break?" yeah apparently I'm the only one that didn't know that.
Anyways school is going great so far and I feel like I finally know what I am doing (it only took me the entire last semester). I'm glad to be here and I'm excited to see what opportunities pop-up for me this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment