Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Different Kind of Learning

As my classes have begun and actual learning is starting to take place, I have gained some knowledge of a different sort. You see, this is the first semester that I am living in a house on my own(technically I have roommates, but I mean away from my parents). Sure I've lived in an apartment last semester and before that I had lived all over the world, but it's not been quite the same as having my own home to take care of. I finally feel a sense of accomplishment and pride when it comes to where I live. I'm no longer living in a sketchy neighborhood and a crummy apartment. I live in a house with kids playing outside and Mama Josephine next door. Anyway, to get to the point, living on my own has given me to time to actually learn about myself. I'm not trying to say that I have amnesia and am trying to re-learn everything or something like that, but really get to know what I like or what I just ate because my parents put it in the fridge. It's kind of weird how that works out sometimes. So far I've learned:
  1. I don't think I like grapes
  2. I get crumbs everywhere when I eat crackers
  3. I'm afraid of the garbage disposal. If something drops in it, there is no way my hand will be the one to retrieve it
  4. I have a thing for dishes (it's like they are sacred to me or something)
  5. I don't like quiet, I turn on music so I can pretend Andrea is just down the hall or my dad is in his room which leads me to the last thing
  6. I like living with my family...I miss them

So It's not much, but once I found out I didn't like grapes I started keeping track to see what else I could learn about myself. After all, it's always a good thing to pause and have a little personal reflection at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment