Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slowing Down

I am a future oriented person. Always have been and probably always will be. I look forward to certain things and often find myself day-dreaming about the endless possibilities that the future holds. But with this imaginative outlook I find that I try to rush my life to pass certain milestones. You know the attitude that "I'll just be happy to finish this semester of school, I'll be happy when I finish college, I'll be happy when..." I think we all get this way sometimes, but I find myself thinking this way a lot. I forget to enjoy everything that happens along the way.I believe that Thomas S. Monson said "Find joy in the journey--Now." I try to remind myself that it's ok to slow down, ok to live a little, ok to still be in college, ok to just relax and enjoy my relationships. I need to stop rushing my life along and enjoy all the little things that happen day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment