Saturday, May 14, 2011

Home

I have been mulling around different ideas of what to do for the Summer. First I thought I was going to get this great paid internship, instead got rejected. Then I thought I was going to stay here and find work, not looking so good unless I want to be a stripper. And now I got presented with an opportunity to go home for the summer and take up my old job as a nanny.

When I left the job several years ago certain circumstances presented themselves that in a way forced me out of the job. I wasn't ready to leave and now I feel like I have a chance to make up for that. I feel so blessed to get a re-do. I love the family that I was a nanny for and I feel like we've only gotten closer over the years. I'm also excited to be able to get away from Missouri and the awful humid weather.

I find it fascinating that my whole life I couldn't wait to get out of the town I grew up in. I even started this blog to share my exciting adventures to new places. But now, the journey I am most looking forward to, is my journey home.

No comments:

Post a Comment