Thursday, September 22, 2011

Where I Needed to Be

At last minute I decided to join a group of girls that was heading to Nauvoo, Illinois for a YSA Conference this past weekend. I was scared, timid, and absolutely unsure of what I was getting myself into. The moment I sighted the temple, all of my fears were erased. I could feel the spirit of such rich and wonderdul history that surrounds Nauvoo. I felt like these past few years of my life had guided me to that exact moment of amazment when I stood in front of the temple. Wow, just wow. It was as if someone knocked the wind out me, everything just made sense.

Our group of 4 women bonded extremely quickly and we found out that we all shared common ground and we could all relate. And let me tell you, we had an extreme amount of fun. We danced(or should I say suffled?) everywhere we went, we swam in pool while firemen were activiely searching the hotel for the source of a potential fire, we made the exodus to wal-mart to grab food, we made an "amanda taco", and the list goes on.

The actual conference consisted of a dance each night(that was culture shock lol), 3 workshops in the morning, freetime during which we went to Carthage Jail(best decision ever), and sacrament meeting in the morning. I learned so much and I feel like I can't even write it all down because it was just so incredible. The best way to describe my weekend is to say that the spirit was present and because of that, I was able to learn what I needed to learn.

Here are some fav pics from our temple photo shoot in the rain lol




And for all of you who actually read this in my family, I have already made the decision to go back next year. I would like to go as a family so that we can all go in the temple together. This is a really big deal for me and I'm treating it that way. So I'm going to do what I need to do to get there and so should you. Be there  September 2012 or be square jk, I'd still love you if you couldn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment