Thursday, September 22, 2011

Failed, but it was Awesome!

Last week I had a day that I just couldn't get anything right. I couldn't come up with an acceptable topic for my research paper, I didn't understand the reading in my theology class, etc. To make matters worse, that night I went and auditioned for the hip hop team. For those of you who know me, dance is probably my favorite thing in the world. I'm not the best dancer, but I can usually pick up choreography pretty easily. I was kind of looking forward the the auditions because I figured it would cheer me up and make me feel like I was at least good at something...but no...failed that too. It was bad. When it came time to be recorded...yes actually recorded on camera...I froze. I could see the other girls in my group but I could not move. After it was over, I just smiled and walked out. I was horrified at the situation. Not only did I mess up, but they had it on tape(can anyone say youtube's funniest videos?). But when I got home that night I just started laughing. I laughed so hard because I realized the world didn't end because of my failure. It was ok that I had an off day, it was ok that I wasn't the best at everything, in fact, it's ok to downright be the worst at something. I really needed this lesson in humility and surprisingly I am grateful for my failure. What I learned...just laugh it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment