Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Family and Friends

Four years ago on this day, I made the most difficult decision of my life. One that changed the outcome of my life forever. Today I have been thinking back to the person that I was back then and all the challenges I had to overcome to be able to make such a decision. I know that none of it would have been possible without the love and support of my family and friends.

I remember setting foot in Kentucky and being emotionally lost and afraid of what laid ahead. I arrived during a storm and I'm sure that didn't help settle any fears. Not sure what I would encounter, I was hesitant to leave my aunt's house. If it had not been for my Aunt, I probably would have stayed in bed during the duration of my stay in Kentucky. One night she actually arranged for me to out to the movies with some people from church that were my age. I had a blast that night and the people I went with welcomed me with open arms. I never once felt out of place or that I didn't belong. I am so lucky to have such amazing and wonderful people in my life. I think back to those times and I smile(it took me a long time to get to this point).  Thank you to all you Kentuckians for making that part of my life bearable so that today, those aren't sad memories, they are ones of love, bonding, and friendship.

I am so grateful to everyone who had a hand in helping me to where I am today. Angel, thanks for making me talk. Mom and Dad, thanks for always coming to my rescue. Andrea, thanks for listening(even though are usually stuck in the car so you don't have a choice). Michelle, thanks for showing me true friendship. Grandma, thanks for making me that sandwich even when you thought it was very impractical and thanks for taking care of me in general. Sandra, thanks for your all your guidance. Matt, thanks for your support.

Ok I realize there are a million more people I owe thanks to, but I think you get the gist. You have all impacted my life and I am a better person because of you.

2 comments:

  1. Katy I think you are absolutely amazing, you are very much an inspiration to me! Thanks so much for being so loving and un-selfish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlie, you have always been stronger than you thought you were! Thanks for letting me in...and allowing me to play a tiny part of your life. Keep writing, there are so many wonderful things to come and I like my front row seat.

    ReplyDelete