Friday, July 16, 2010

New Pictures, Old Info



Well my mom has been complaining that I haven't put any pictures on my blog yet so here they are. One of the pictures is of the Akha village that we stayed in over night. They taught us about their culture and traditions. It was very enlightening and I felt so thrilled that we were not only teaching them, but they were teaching us as well. Elephants came and picked us up in the morning and we road down the mountain on them. I got to ride on the elephants head and I just about died with fulfillment of one of my life-long dreams. In case you didn't know, elephants are my favorite animals and I've always wanted to ride one.

The other picture is at DEPDC. We were teaching the kids square-foot gardening. I'm still waiting to see how this project turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment