Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I survived

I can officially say that I have seen most of the far reaches of Thailand. I have been all the way from Burma to the southern tip of Phuket. It took nine days and I used all of my vacation days, but I did it. It only took 7 buses, 7 mini-buses, 8 moto's, 7 taxi's, 5 sky trains, 4 boats, 6 tuk tuk's, and 1 airplane. It was an exhausting trip, but I met some really great Thai people along the way and they reinforced my love for Thailand. But I'm back now and getting down to work for my last week here.

The week before I left, we had a great anti-drug presentation in a distant Hmong village. We taught kids that were around the ages 13-16. I'm really not sure how much they got out of it because much of it was probably lost in translation, but I'm writing it off as success.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with your last week of work. Looking forward to seeing you back in CA and can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your trip. What's a tuk tuk and a moto? Have a safe trip home. Love, Monica Marchetti

    ReplyDelete