Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fresh Start and a New Year

Wow, I was busy last semester. It's so nice to be able to breathe for a minute...even if it is just a minute. As I'm sure you have all heard, I missed my flight going home for Christmas. I got proud and thought I could stay up all night packing, sleep for 2 hours, and wake up in time for my 6:50 flight. That didn't quite happen. I didn't wake up until 6:40 and the airport was still 20 minutes away. I called my mom with tears thinking that I had massively messed up. I knew that it would probably cost me a fortune to get a new flight and I did not have the money for that. As my mom called the airline on my behalf, I frantically through my things together and headed out the door. While driving, I made up my mind that I would just stay in St. Louis by myself for the holidays rather than have my mom spend her money on my mistakes. I realized that she would pay any price for me to be able to come home and that I could not let her do. But then it hit me on a spiritual level. Can you make the connection? Yep that's right...the atonement finally clicked for me. Don't you just love it that Heavenly Father teaches us in a way that we can understand? In the end, I made the next flight for free thanks to an understanding rep from Southwest Airlines. But the lesson I learned that day was the most precious Christmas gift I could have gotten.

By the way, life is good. Big things are happening so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment